Index Funds and Managed Investing
Index Funds are motivated by the idea that it is difficult to pick individual stocks, but that a large set of quality stocks will do well over time, even if certain stocks within the basket occasionally falter. On the stock market, the S&P 500 is the best-known index. Within the cryptocurrency space, the following index funds exist:
- the Iconomi index :: https://www.iconomi.net
- Token Box :: https://tokenbox.io also developed The Token :: https://thetoken.io/
- the Bit Twenty Index :: http://bittwenty.com/ … Now there is Twentix by the same team
- Crypto Addicts
- Satoshi Fund :: https://satoshi.fund/r/s-supreme
- Huobi – https://www.huobi.pro/huobi_index/
- Investy :: https://investy.io/
- Captain Altcoin lists several here that I have no experience with.
- This article on baskets mentions a few other options.
An excellent article on Index Funds appeared in the InvestItInBlockchain blog.
Build Your Own Index Fund?
If you are not satisfied with having other buy a basket of coins for you, then you may want to build your own index and learn about the tools and resources for that.